Thursday, 14 November 2013

The Neighbourly Dilema

What a lovely phone call that was. I enquired as to why my bed wasn’t delivered yesterday as arranged. The reply I received: “what? That only arrived with us this morning.” WHAT!! How could this be? I’d specifically arranged a day. If there was no need to arrange the day, then there was no need for me to stay in all frigging day either was there?? The man on the phone explained that as the package has just arrived it will be delivered today. This is no good. I explained to him that would not be available today and that is why I had arranged for yesterday’s delivery. The man’s response: “OK, well we can leave it with a neighbour if you aren’t in. Who would you recommend?” Is this man deluded? I am not leaving a bed with a neighbour. Sorry Mrs Jones, I know we don’t talk that much but would you mind taking in this 6ft long piece of furniture while I’m out? I’ll pop back for it later. NO! ! Fortunately I have been able to convince the man on the telephone to deliver it Friday instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment